Sunday 26 February 2017

Review: EGLIPS SUPER SLIM AUTO LONG EYELINER


I liked the idea of slim pencil eyeliner that I don't need to sharpen (my lazy knows no bounds) so I decided to try these new eyeliners from EGLIPS.
EGLIPS is an affordable Korean brand and I rather liked their products in the past. I bought these eyeliners at beautynetkorea.com for $4.59.  As I said it is very affordable.

Claims for Superslim Auto Long Eyeliner 0.12 g:
drys quickly - true
waterproof - true
does not smudge - true
adheres and coats the surface of the eye line with less smearing - true for one of the colours I purchased





Eyeliners come in nicely designed plastic twist up pencil in the colour of the eyeliner so it is easy to pick one you want to use. Twist up mechanism is nice and smooth and it can be twisted up and down.
I bought colours  #S2 Smokey Brown and #S5 Coral Attack. Both colours swatched nicely on my hand and dried really quickly and would not budge until removed with cleansing oil.
So far things were going great. Now, Smokey Brown is a nice eyeliner that goes on smooth with a thin line. It did not tug on my eyelid although it is a bit dryer then liners I am used to.
 Coral Attack is a different story, it leaves no colour on the eyelid or under eye at all. I even tried pressing harder (which you shouldn't do) but nothing, no colour. Besides that the pencil itself crumbled several times while using it,although I did not twist up more than recommended 1 mm. I don't know if it is the formulation for this colour or I got a dud one, but it is pretty horrible.
Funny thing is Coral Attack swatched nicer on hand than Smokey Brown but on the eye nothing.

My thoughts:
Superslim Auto Long Eyeliner in Smokey Brown is a nice eyeliner that I will happily use up.
Superslim Auto Long Eyeliner In Coral Attack is horrible, it would have been chucked into bin but I figured I could use it to draw cat nose and whiskers on my daughters face for her upcoming costume party. So not a total waste but it cannot be used as an eyeliner for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment