Saturday 4 March 2017

Review: Innisfree Ginger Oil Skin




I love ginger. I love it in food, I love it in drinks. I love how it tastes I love how it smells.  So it was safe to assume I will probably love it in my skincare as well. 

Sometime last year I saw Innisfree's Ginger Oil line, and I decided to give toner (skin) a go to see how I like it. After using it for several months I can say that I really do like it.

Let's see what Innisfree says  about the Ginger Oil Skin:
Nourishing ginger enriched with nutrients derived from soil, the source of life 
Nourishing the skin from the inside out to allow it to feel smooth and look radiant 
The power of the skin to protect itself against external irritants 
Enhance the power of the skin that has become tired and exhausted from external irritants in order to keep it healthy 
A highly nourishing rich texture that is completely absorbed into the skin to provide deep hydration with a silky finish 
Nourishing essential toner is completely absorbed into the skin and leaves it feeling smooth and moist.
Nutrient-rich Jeju ginger grown in the fertile soil of pristine Jeju Island has 6-Gingerol which is effective in protecting the skin. 6-Gingerol and functional skin-vitalizing ingredients enhance the natural strength and protective power of the skin to keep it energized and healthy.


Toner comes in 200 ml off white bottle with gold lettering.It is a simple and classy looking design. 
The product opening is nice and dispenses an appropriate amount of product. 
Ginger Oil Skin smells wonderful, it has a mild natural zesty ginger scent without the spiciness. It is a rather thick liquid that spreads easily but it takes a bit to fully absorb.
This is a very rich, moisturizing toner. It leaves skin, supple and nourished with a lovely glow. I prefer to use it at night due to its richness and I belive it would be a perfect toner for people with dry skin. 




CosDNA analysis shows no acne triggers or irritants and my skin did not react badly to it in any way (no breakouts or other signs of irritation). 

Ingredients: WATER, PROPANEDIOL, ALCOHOL, PEG/PPG-17/6 COPOLYMER, GLYCERETH-26, BETAINE, ZINGIBER OFFICINALE (GINGER) ROOT OIL, ZINGIBER OFFICINALE (GINGER) ROOT EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, MACADAMIA INTEGRIFOLIA SEED OIL, ADENOSINE, XANTHAN GUM, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, DIETHOXYETHYL SUCCINATE, METHYL GLUCETH-20, BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, FRAGRANCE
Source: http://www.innisfreeworld.com

Notable ingredients (somewhat) explained: 

Ginger Root Oil - anti-inflammatory and skin conditioning agent
Ginger Root Extract  - acts as an anti-inflammatory for soothing the skin and scavenges free radicals while reducing edema
Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract-antioxidant (antioxidants protect from damage caused by free radicals )
Orchid Extract - antioxidant, also anti-aging agent, calms inflammation, and helps increase cell turnover.
Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea) -antioxidant, anti-inflammatory
Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract-antioxidant, skin-soothing
Prickly Pear Extract - antioxidant
Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil - skin conditioning agent
Adenosine - Yeast derived soothing and skin restoring agent with proven anti-wrinkle benefits. 

As you can see it is chock full of antioxidants and some anti-ageing agents which leads me to believe it has anti-ageing properties, besides moisturising ones. 
Also a little goes a long way, and 200ml should last several months at least even if used twice a day. 

Tiki's thoughts: 4.5/5 I love this. I deducted 0.5 from the grade due to fact it is a bit rich for me to use during day but it is a lovely, lovely product that feels especially good after using actives (retinol). I will continue to use it at night and in winter when such a rich, moisturizing toner is something my skin enjoys. Definitely repurchase. 




No comments:

Post a Comment