Saturday 24 June 2017

Swatches - NARS blushes

I don't have  a good reason for a post like this but a friend of mine is going blush shopping so I promised to swatch NARS blushes I have so she can see how they look and I decided to put swatches here because some of you might find it useful too.

I like NARS a lot. I like NARS blushes especially. They are long lasting and pigmented, blend well and look beautiful on. My taste in blush is weird  as I go from super neutral, everyday wearable colors that compliment my complexion to out there crazy colors because I like the look of them. My NARS collection of blushes reflects that. Only thing I don't like is packaging. It looks sleek and nice but it attracts all kinds of dirt and gunk like magnet. It is just not practical.

So here it goes my NARS blushes with swatches.


Top row: Deep Throat, Orgasm, Luster, Sin, Douceur
Second row: Coeur Battant (limited edition), Exhibit A, Boys don't Cry (limited edition)

From left to right: Deep Throat, Orgasm, Luster, Douceur, Sin, Boys don't Cry, Exhibit A (much redder in real life) and Coeur Battant

Deep Throat (some of the names are... I don't know if François Nars was making a wish list or a list of things he likes when naming some of those but.. yeah) is described as soft pink with golden sheen. I would describe it as soft peach. It is much less shimmery and less pink than Orgasm and ultimately more wearable. This is one of the universally most flattering blushes on so many skin tones. I guess everyone likes a Deep Throat ( I should stop, really). 

Orgasm is the iconic NARS blush shade, described as peachy pink with golden shimmer, and shimmer it does. For me, it is more pink than peachy.  Seems people either love this one or want to love this one but it does not look good on them (try Deep Throat in that case). I love it. 

Luster is described as sheer golden apricot. It has lovely golden sheen but no shimmer. I am of a firm belief that every pale girl should own this blush. It is such a flattering, wearable shade  for pale skin. It livens up the complexion beautifully. It is one of those weird blushes like Douceur that looks like nothing in the pan but once applied it is beautiful. 

Douceur is described as soft pink brown. A matte shade that is perfect neutral blush to pair with a strong lip. Pale girls could even contour with it. 

Sin is all that is gorgeous. My favorite autumn and winter time blush. It is described as cool berry with a golden sheen. Pale girls can wear it using a light hand and it looks beyond gorgeous on medium and deep skin tones. 

Boys don't Cry and Coeur Battant are both limited edition blushes but I've included them here to show the consistency of NARS's matte blush formula. These are smooth, very, very pigmented with great color payoff. If you are pale like me you can still wear them  but you must use supper light hand when applying or you will end up looking like a clown. Boys don't Cry is a grapefruit pink and Coeur Battant is a cool fuchsia. 

Exhibit A -is another matte blush but this is a permanent one. It is imaginatively descried as matte red blush, and that is what it is - a pure red blush. Looks scary as hell in the pan but can look beautiful on cheeks. Gives you that Snowhite look if you are pale like me, but for the love of God use a light hand a preferably a dual fiber blush brush. Pigmentation on this one is no joke. It looks marvelous on medium to deep skin tones. 

This is just a small fraction of colors NARS has on offer, literally any skin tone can find a flattering blush in their range.  NARS blushes in my opinion are gorgeous and although really costly I am not sorry that I bought them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment