Sunday 18 June 2017

Review - I'm from Ginseng Mask


First few times I tried this mask I was completely unimpressed. I was about to write it off when I finally read the instructions on the box. I was using it wrong!!!! It is not a standard wash off mask but a massage mask. So I decided to try it while actually following the instructions on the box and WOW!! The difference was evident. So I am starting this review with a cautionary tale. Don't be dumb like me and read the instructions. 

Usage directions I did not read because I am above it (dumb).
Mask comes in a brown cardboard box with ingredients list and instructions (READ THEM!) in both Korean and English. The mask itself comes in a glass jar with a seal. 


Much like the serum from the same line this mask contains a bunch of hanbang ingredients, most notable being Red Ginseng Extract (3.97%) and Panax Ginseng Seed Oil as well as one of my favorite herbal extracts Licorice Root Extract. It also contains various moisturizing agents and Ishohexadecane that softens and smooths skin without leaving a greasy residue(source: Beautiful with Brains blog). 


Mask has the honey in summer consistency (liquidy) and it is amber in color like the serum. It applies easily with a silicone mask brush and goes on the face clear. It has a very strong floral scent, much like the serum, a scent which I personally don't like but it is not a deal breaker for me. I would prefer if it smelled like dirt in true ginseng fashion. I'm a bit weird, I know. Mask begins to warm up once you start to massage it. When I say warm up, I mean warm up, nothing unpleasant or burning like but definitely noticeable. The heat from the mask helps open up the pores and thus better remove dirt and sebum from it.  After massaging it you leave the mask on for some 10-15 min and the final result is very satisfying. My skin was soft and even, pores looked smaller and it felt well moisturized.

This mask was very quick and easy to use (once I properly read the instructions) and immediate results were really nice. I am really liking this mask. 

Little tip: I prefer removing my masks with a flannel face towel soaked in warm water. It removes it easily and completely, Just don't scrub your face with it like crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment