Friday 27 January 2017

Spread honey all over my face? Yes, please!

Bees are awesome, they give us honey and beeswax and propolis and they make love to flowers (not really) which results in us having juicy fruit to eat. Clearly, bees are awesome.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

However, everyone will agree that honey is what bees are most famous for. Besides being delicious honey is also great for our skin thanks to its antibacterial properties and the fact it is chock full of antioxidants. Honey in skincare is one of my favourite ingredients due to fact it is antibacterial and thus great for acne prevention, it is rich in antioxidants which is great for anti-ageing and thanks to its incredible moisturising and soothing properties it brings this wonderful glow to your skin. Also, honey is clarifying which is good for unclogging pores. What a multitasker! 


Another amazing bee product is propolis. I remember being a sickly kid and my mom would make me drink this bitter drops that helped strengthen my immunity. That was propolis. Propolis or bee glue, as it is sometimes called, is antimicrobial, it is also an antioxidant and an emollient. It is used for its healing, antiseptic and restorative capabilities. In skincare it should help problematic skin by balancing, healing and soothing it and it also accelerates the rate of cell growth. Really,what is not to love? 


As you can see on the photo I have many products whose star ingredient is honey or propolis extract and I love them. If you want healthy, glowing skin give honey/propolis products a try. Models for the photo are some of my favourite skincare products:


Cosrx honey overnight mask - this is a sleeping pack that should be used as the last skincare step before going to bed. It contains contains 85% propolis extract and natural beeswax, so it will calm redness, soothe and moisturise. I think this is suitable for all skin types but especially for those with oily and irritated skin due to the fact it is really light and soothing.


Goodal Nature's Solution Firming Sleeping Pack - another sleeping pack (I have not tried it yet). It is sitting pretty in my cabinet waiting for its turn.


Banila co. Miss Flower and Mr Honey cream - This one smells divine and contains 42% of honey extract besides other lovely ingredients. Texture is like a light balm, feels a bit weird but spreads like a dream and sinks into skin leaving a satiny occlusive layer that keeps moisture locked in your skin without being sticky. I love it to pieces.You can find a mini review of it here on my instagram

Banila co. Miss Flower and Mr Honey Essence Oil - It contains collagen extract, niacinamide, honey extract, royal jelly and propolis extract, as well as bunch of flower extracts and seed extracts. It is an essence oil and that is how it feels like, a halfway between essence and oil. I use a drop of it before my cream step in the morning and evening and it makes my skin glowy and hydrated and it also smells like honey. ( I have a mini review of it at: my instagram)


Banila co. Miss Flower and Mr Honey essence stick - smells as gloriously as the cream, great  for use under eyes if you have especially dry and flakey under eyes and is very portable so perfect for people that travel a lot. 


I'm from honey mask - This is a wash-off mask that contains 37% of natural honey, so when you use it you are actually spreading honey all over your face. I don't know why this makes me so happy. It soothes, moisturises and evens out the tone of your skin while leaving it super soft.

Nuxe reve de miel lip balm (the one in the pot) - my favourite lip balm. It has both beeswax and honey among other ingredients. it is very nourishing and a thin layer of it under your lipstick does wonders in making your lipstick more comfortable. 


Tosowoong propolis sparkle ampoule - this contains a whopping 80% of propolis extract. it is amazingly moisturising and gives your skin that amazing Korean celebrities glow. 


Tosowoong pure propolis sheet mask - It smells like honey, moisturises skin and reduces redness and irritation. After use your skin is lovely and plump and evidently brighter. 



No comments:

Post a Comment