Friday 27 January 2017

Battle of Cushions


My friend is thinking of buying a Missha cushion so I thought I would do this to help her decide. However I have not worn these for a while so I decided to test them on my face today to jog my memory. 



Both cushions are no.21 in colour and I was surprised to see myself looking slightly orange and then I remembered why I have not worn them for a while.  They are my summer cushions and are currently too dark for me. Oh well, I bronzed my neck and went about my day slightly orangey. The things I do for friends. 
I have applied on half of my face the regular version and on the other half the moisture version (the one on the photo with limited edition Betty Boop case) and this is what I garnered:

Missha M Magic Cushion (regular) - went on easy with a slight gray cast and looking very light almost whitish, this vanishes after a few minutes I guess it oxidises and turns to its normal colour. Finnish is semi-matte and sets rather fast. It has good medium coverage. On my normal skin staying power is rather good, with first wear and tear showing around the nose in 5 hours. People with dry and flaky skin might not like it as this formula might accentuate dry patches. When I compare it to my other cushions it is slightly heavy feeling on skin. 

Missha M Magic Cushion Moisture - This one blends a bit easier on the skin than the regular version. Goes on really light but settles into normal colour after few minutes. First on it is very glowy almost wet but after some time it turns into this natural skin glow unless powdered. It evens out my skin tone and has medium coverage (a smidge less coverage than regular version). It feels comfortable on the skin but unless powdered it will transfer if touched. Lasting time is some 4 hours before there is a need for a touch up. I personally like the regular version when the weather is hot and humid and moisture version when it is a bit colder and not humid. Both are solid products for the price and good starter cushions for someone wanting to give this form of makeup a go. 

Special thanks to my daughter for modeling the swatches as we are the same skin shade (I call her mini me for a reason) and I have not yet developed a skill of taking photo of my own hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment