Sunday 14 January 2018

TRUE ISLAND HONEY BEE ALL DAY FIXING MIST - REVIEW



If you have been reading this blog you know I love everything that comes from bees. Honey, Propolis, Beeswax, Royal Jelly all of them ingredients that are proven to be beneficial for the skin as they have moisturizing, nourishing and antibacterial properties. So when I received this mist for review purpose I was super excited as it contains Honey, Propolis and Royal Jelly extracts. I use make up fixing mists daily and the idea that they can have additional skincare benefits seemed pretty darn good one and you can never go wrong with honey in my eyes. Adding honey makes everything better.


Ingredients and CosDNA Analysis:



Claims:

All day fixing mist keeps your make up all day and gives your skin a matte look by controlling the skin’s oil and sebum

Skin balancing and hydration mist

Enriched with Jeju honey extract, royal jelly extract and propolis extract this make up fixer provides hydration and balances out the loss of skin moisture

Long-lasting makeup holding power

Refreshing fixing mist secures makeup for all day wear and keeps your skin fresh.

Healthy skin care by improving skin barrier

Lime extract provides vitamin C to the skin and strengthens the natural skin barrier.

Boosts skin radiance and luminosity

Contains terminalia ferdinandiana fruit extract, the richest source of vitamin C, has powerful anti-aging effect and improves skin tone evenness with an overall brightening effect. 


(Translation taken from http://nafura.my/ website)


I have been using this mist every day for the past 10 days and as a make fixer it really does its job. After 10 days it is impossible to tell if it has any skincare benefits but my skin did not react badly to it.

What I liked:
  •  takes away the cakey /over-powdered look and significantly prolongs the longevity of my makeup 
  • feels comfortable and moisturizing on the skin. 
  • has a really mild and pleasant fruity/citrusy scent.
  • due to its glycerin content you can use it to foil eye-shadows to prevent fallout and to get more intense color
  • it did not mattify my skin just made it look healthy and natural 

What I did not like:
  • mist spray/product dispenser 
I don't know if I got a product with a faulty spray dispenser but fact is the spray on my bottle is pretty horrible. While the mist it makes is really fine and not overly wet it pushes it out straight away in this really wide spray that if I used it at the recommended distance of 20 cm not a single drop would end up on my face. I have to use it really close to face and do some hand acrobatics to make sure it ends up on my face, and good portion of it still lands on my clothes. It also leaks when used so bottle gets really wet and drippy with each use. Now I really like the juice, so it annoys me that so much of this good product ends up everywhere but on my face. 

If bottle spray would be better this would be one of my favorite mists, as it is, I still like the mist very much and I will continue to use it despite the fact that the dispenser makes me see red every time I use it.   

*product was provided by http://jolse.com/ for review purpose


No comments:

Post a Comment