Friday 18 August 2017

Dior does lip tint - Dior Addict Lip Tattoo Review


Whenever I see a western brand release products inspired by Asian beauty I cannot help but be curious and wonder "Did they get it right?!"

Dior has recently launched a line of lip tints called Dior Addict Lip Tattoo as part of their Backstage Pros Range. Dior claims "The shades boost the natural color of the lips with a subtle luminosity. Long wear tint with extreme weightless feel: Dior color technology blends stains and pigments to create no-transfer shades with a weightless, comfortable, bare-skin sensation. "

Photo credit: https://www.dior.com
Lip Tattoo comes in 5 shades (at least in Europe) : Natural Pink, Natural Cherry Tint, Natural Coral Tint, Natural Berry Tint and Natural Rosewood Tint.

I decided to buy the most unusual color of the bunch: Natural Rosewood Tint. 


Dior Addict Lip Tattoo in 491 Natural Rosewood

Tint comes in matte plastic container with Dior embossed on one side and name of the product in silver letters on the other side. Container itself is in the color of the product, which makes it easier to pick the one you want if you have more than one. Color name is stated on the sticker on the bottom of the product as well. Packaging is gorgeous as expected of Dior. 
Applicator is a foam applicator that follows the lip contours easily and does not take too much product. 

Color itself is gorgeous. A warm mauvey/rosy brown. It is very flattering color that can be applied in one layer for natural look or built up. 
Lip Tattoo in Natural Rosewood freshly swatched

Stain left behind by Lip Tattoo in Natural Rosewood
This feel like nothing on lips. It sets really fast and it is extremely comfortable to wear, not drying what so ever. Once it sets it is 100% kiss and transfer proof. It will survive talking and drinking but not eating. Eating will erase it completely. It can be removed easily by micelar water or oily make up removers. To me it seems different from other tints as it does not sink into and color your lips but it forms a super light, thin film of color that seamlessly clings to your lips. I am really impressed with the formula as it is actually something new for me. Formula feels and looks like a super light watery gel that smells vaguely of mint candy.
Now application can be a bit tricky as this sets really fast. Unlike Asian tints it is not suitable for ombre look as it just not malleable enough to achieve it easily. Also for some reason the color comes off more intense on my bottom lip than my upper lip. I solved this by adding additional layer to my upper lip once it dried down. This is easy to do as it is very buildable. On my pale skin I can build this color until I achieve this vampy but still natural look. 

What I liked: color, longevity, feels like nothing on lips, 100% transfer proof, easy to remove using makeup removers, buildable, very comfortable and not drying, product lives up to company claims

What I didn't like: expensive, takes a few tries to get the application right, not suited for ombre look

To be honest I did not want to like this as much as I do as it is very expensive but I am impressed and this is a great product. Well done Dior. They took and Asian beauty staple and gave it their own very successful twist.


No comments:

Post a Comment