Saturday 29 April 2017

Review - Goodal Camellia Lip Oils


Camellia oil is obtained by cold-pressing the seeds of the Camellia japonica flower. It has a long tradition of use in Asia for the care of skin and hair.  It is an oil rich in linoleic and oleic fatty acids as well as numerous anti-aging antioxidants. It is an remarkable trans-dermal carrier and very effective in enhancing skin's ability to retain moisture. It is no surprise that camellia oil is one of my favorite oils and whenever I see a product containing it I am immediately intrigued.
Goodal recently came out with their own version of increasingly popular lip oils and I could not resist to try them both out and I am glad I did.
Goodal lip oils come in two versions, camellia intensive lip oil and camellia vital lip oil. 

 Packaging: They come in beautiful simple cardboard packaging enhanced by a drawing of camellia flower that contains basic information about product in both English and Korean. Lip product itself is in a round plastic packaging convenient for travel. Applicator is rather big and sturdy but applies the products on lips very easily and evenly. Both come with 5.5 ml of product.


Camellia Vital Lip Oil
It is light pink in color in bottle but colorless on lips and it has a sweet fruity/flowery scent. Main ingredients are Camellia Japonica Seed Oil and Retinol (Vitamin A). This is the lighter of two oils. It is very nourishing and lasts a long time on lips. Even after eating a meal you can still feel it on the lips. It is very shiny, oily even (duh, it is a lip oil after all) when first applied but the shine vanishes after some time. I prefer using it during the day as it is not sticky. You can even use it under other lip products. I like to apply it at the beginning of my skin care routine in the morning and by the time I apply my makeup and lipstick it has sunk in pretty well into lips. I just blot excess with some tissue and apply my lipstick on top. Works like a charm.  
Camellia Intensive Lip Oil
It is yellow color in the bottle but colorless on lips and it has a very light/barely there flowery scent. Main ingredients are Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Macadamia Oil - all  of them oils rich with oleic fatty acids. Oleic acid makes oils richer and heavier, so they are extra-occlusive and can seal in moisture really effectively. This makes this lip oil perfect for use at night as a lip mask. It is of heavier, thicker consistency than the vital lip oil and it is sticky. I like to put generous amount on my lips before going to bed and I wake up with well nourished, moisturized lips. 
Top one is vital lip oil and bottom one is intensive lip oil. Both are colorless on skin.
I like both of these oils and would recommend them to anyone who suffers from dry and chapped lips or just wants to maintain their lips in good condition. 
I purchased them for approx. 10$ each at Jolse

No comments:

Post a Comment